Areas to dive around St Lucia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lozadora

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I would love to stay at Anse Chastnet in St Lucia but it is just too expensive.

From what I have seen / read it appears that the best scuba diving is at Soufriere Bay - is this true?

For half the cost of Anse Chastnet I could stay at St Lucian (Rex Resort) at Rodney bay, but would I not see as much marine life? What is the diving like there?

I was there a couple of weeks ago staying at Sandals and all of our diving was at Soufriere Bay. We did Superman's Flight, the Pinnacles, Piton Wall, Coral Gardens, Anse Couchon, and the Lesleen M wreck. The boat left from Castries and was only about a 45 minute ride. The diving was good - 60' vis, strong current on the drift dives, and a beautiful view of the Pitons.

I've only been there once on a cruise when I was a new diver, but you have to see the Pitons. It's like looking at Jurassic Park. We did superman flight which is a drift dive along the pitons. It was cool but a little intense for me since I was a new diver at the time and there is no bottom in sight. There was no down current though and the wall of the pitons sloped out slightly so it was fine afterward. We drifted along at around 60ft. I ended up going low on air earlier than others (being new) so I moved up to 30ft and could still see the group perfectly. Then I surfaced and watched the group below as I snorkeled along with the dive flag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom