Are you ready... For a bunch of stupid questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stampsalot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I went to Thailand, got my open water. Now I want to learn stuff, all the stuff. I got a million stupid questions you probably seen before. I probably will do a 'search' but where's the fun in that. I apologize in advance if I'm that guy!

I live in Shepparton, Victoria, Australia. And um... Yeah... Diving is my latest obsession. Too bad I live 3 hours from the sea in a small country town. So you guys are my diving buddies :D.

The best part of my 6 whole dives was <5 meters visibility. Just floating there spinning around and for that few seconds really being lost (Where's my guide? Where's my buddy? Where's the stuff? Where's gravity? Where's up? Where's down?. Everything about diving is so 'wrong' so different from everything I thought I knew FFS even breathing! I thought I knew how to breathe, been doing it all my life. SO GOOD. I mean seeing pretty fish and coral was nice but that one moment of being lost was like the first time I took acid as a teen, 'looking into the eyes of god and realizing he was man made' as it were.

Yeah, Good stuff. Glad to be here. Pop in to say hi. Any and all advice/slander gratefully accepted and appreciated.

Welcome to the board and the world of diving.

It's a cliche but there are no stupid questions... people get a bit of stick for asking questions that they should already know the answer to... but they still aren't stupid questions. Normally however the most basic of answers are already included in your 'OW' manual.

I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find a normal beginner question that hasn't already been asked in the 'beginner forum' though.

Again, welcome...

Welcome to diving, and to :sblogo:!

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your low viz experience. I had the same thing in my OW dives, and enjoy would not be the word I would use -- but it's fun to see how someone else can take the same setting and process it in a very different way. With that kind of attitude, you should make an avid and unflappable diver!

Yes, you are "that guy." But your humor and humility will get you far. Welcome to SB and diving.

Welcome to ScubaBoard...don't worry, we've each been "that guy" at some point in our diving histories.
I think we would all rather dive with a new diver who is hungry for knowledge than a know-it-all.
Search is your friend so you can learn enough of the lingo to ask more directed questions...which will get better answers. Please don't hesitate to ask when you need more clarification.

My favorite area to point new divers to is the "sticky threads" at the top of the New Divers Forum.

What we wouldn't give for 5 meters of viz! Sometimes 2 meters would even be nice.

If you enjoyed low viz you could always go for a dive in the Gouldbourn river or that reedy swamp :D

Now i have registered. Can someone point me to the pictures of diving puppy dogs?

Thanks for the great suggestions and one bad one ;P...
Diving in the Goulburn River would be a challenge I'm not quite up to yet. I'm not so sure about swimming with the syringes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom