Are you a Cornelius owner ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Externet

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello.
Seen there is two 'sizes'; one advertised as ~4CFM and another as ~2CFM

But pictures of spec plates do not all show the CFM. Seen a 0.4CFM for the size advertised as "2CFM"

upload_2020-9-12_12-0-8.jpeg

Can anyone clarify ?

Seen two types; a horizontal shaft and a vertical shaft. How their lubrication and oil filling works ?

Seen with internal and external motor; are the compressors same RPM ? What rpm ?

Seen them rated at 1500 and others at 3000 psi.

Some made by Weatherhead Co. Some by Stewart Warner ?

upload_2020-9-12_12-10-9.png

Are you happy with yours ? Is there a 'bible' site about these Cornelius ?

I have seen these used to pump to 3000 psi but usually with a different motor and belt driven. I do not know what the actual cfm is. I have a 130r1500 built by cornelius in the 50's. It is rated at 1.6cfm and 3000psi working pressure. My cornelius works great but it takes a while to fill. Not sure about a site for these but i'm sure a few folks on here have them.

Happy Saint Cornelius Day!

Today, 16 SEP, the Catholic church recognizes Pope Saint Cornelius-the patron saint of earache sufferers. Is your Cornelius loud?

Sorry, I don't have any helpful information for the op.

Cheers,

Couv

My 130r1500 is pretty loud but not horrible. It takes about 45 min to fill an al80 from empty to 3000psi. Runs on 110v which is nice and super portable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom