Are wireless Air transmitters compatible with any brand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pearlman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Hollis DG03 decided to go on a dive just as I was removing the watch from the case to wear for a dive this May. It stayed on a dive for 24h on surface ignoring all my key presses until I opened the back case and removed the battery. While I figure where to ship it for servicing in Asia, I am in the mood for a new DC and wondering which ones I can buy that will be compatible with the Wireless Air Transmitter from Hollis... Oceanic? I believe they are essentially the same manufacturer with different branding.... or can I buy any other brand DC in the market and integrate it with the Air transmitter?

Thanks for your advice on this.

Interesting. I've often thought they were similar and wondered the same thing. I assumed the answer was no, but I don't have any other wireless AI computers to test the theory with.

Look forward to seeing a response from someone who's tried it.

No, they are not cross-compatible. They use similar wireless, but different coding.

Had this very conversation with a student this past weekend. He had the DG03 and an Oceanic watch style. Two transmitters on the first stage.
I commented, you would hope/think that Hollis and Oceanic would be compatible since they are both AUP products. No such luck.

Hmm interesting because I just saw this about an Oceanic transsmitter - "Product Features - Works with the following Oceanic, Aeris & Hollis Computers...."

I also thought the Oceanic transmitters worked with Hollis and Aeris. However, the DG03 is a special product for DGX so maybe it is different.

Back
Top Bottom