are there any differences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LULA

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, i've heard a lot of talk about the apeks regulators (mainly by technical divers), but they look a lot like the aqua lung regulators (apeks is a aqua lung brand) for example the legend supreme is the same thing as the atx200 right ??? What about the XTX 100,200 is there an equivalent on aqua lung???

What are the main differences between the 2 brands ??

In my case i have a Legend Lx supreme but i'm not very happy with my aqua lung octo can someone tell me if i can use an ATX50 Octo or an XTX50 Octo , and wich one is the best??

Thanks

Why aren't you happy with the octo? Too bulky / breathes hard / freeflows?

LULA:
In my case i have a Legend Lx supreme but i'm not very happy with my aqua lung octo can someone tell me if i can use an ATX50 Octo or an XTX50 Octo , and wich one is the best??
Thanks

Why aren't you happy with your AL octopus? Which model are you currently using?:huh:

LULA:
for example the legend supreme is the same thing as the atx200 right ??? What about the XTX 100,200 is there an equivalent on aqua lung???

What are the main differences between the 2 brands ??
There is no comparison. The ATX200 is a different design and performs at depth and in any posistion much better than the legend series. Sort of like going from a Chevy to a Caddy or Corvette. Same company right? Lay on your back or go upside down with your legend, a bit harder to breathe right? Not the case with the apex line.

You can attach an apex second stage to your legend for your octo if you like.

My octo is an Titan LX and it breathes hard ,at least more than the Legend but that ain't the main problem the problem is that sometimes freeflows very easily It's very sensible. It was calibrated some 4 times and the problem maintains.

Al Mialkovsky , I've seen the explosion diagram of an ATX 100 or 200 and it seems very similar to the Legend (I could be wrong).Wen you say it performs at depth what makes it so special?? For example does it performs well at dephs like 80,100 meters (here were i live many people say that to extreme dephs only the podeidon are reliable). I make this questions because maybe in a year or 2 I might buy a new reg and as i'm thinking in going Tech (in 3 years or wen I feel ready) i'd like a reg that I can rely.

In theory, AL, Apeks and Zeagle are the same regulators.

I have a Titan LX and have had a free-flow, but only at the surface. If I adjust the Venturi valve that usually takes care of it. FWIW, Apeks/Aqualung had nearly identical ratings in the Scubadiving review on regulators. Ironically, the Titan LX was rated at the very top.

Based on the tests and wanting a second regulator, I bought a XS Scuba TriMetal. Haven't gotten a chance to get it wet yet, but I'm interested in seeing how it breaths. Most tech divers I know dive Apeks, ScubaPro and Dive Rite. Poseidons are supposed to be the very good at depth and cold, however, they are a real PITA to get them tweaked right. Did I mention expensive as well??? :D

I own the plain AL Legend, which means I didn't get the cracking pressure adjustment knob or the nice metal band, and the better environmentally sealed cold water heat exchanger. I also own a Apeks ATX 50. Which is the bottom of the apex line and has more features than the Legend. They breath the same to me. So I think you get a little more for the dollar in the Apeks, at least at my level of recreational diving.

Would seem to me that if you had an Apex 200 upgrade as your primary, you could move the LX Supreme 2nd stage to octo duty and make one sweet rig.

As for the Titan octo, are you stowing it in a closed octo holder like a scumball where the water can't equalize in there causing the octo to free-flow? I had that problem with my octo. Sounds like your technician was de-tuning your Titan octo by increasing the cracking pressure setting so it does breathe harder but is less prone to free flow. Sounds like thats what the technician did 4 times trying to cure your free flow issue. If he was conservative with the adjustments it may not yet be set right. If I was right about the octo holder being a problem, your Titan may be adjusted properly or even able to be set back the other way to breathe easier.

Good luck LULA and safe diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom