Are sealife cameras worth it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attack_Teddy

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
are sealife cameras worth the cost...i am a freelance photographer and therefore have high expections of what a camera should be and do...what are yalls thoughts???

:) Have you clicked on the Pink Link in my signature (it takes you to the Sticky at the top of the UW Photo area)? Inside you'll find a ton of information to set you on the path.

If you don't mind sinking (pardon the pun) a ton of money into a rig, slr is the way to go.

If you want something more compact but still capable of great things, then there are a variety of compacts from Olympus, Fuji and Canon.

A lot will depend on your budget, diving skill, opportunities to dive, preferences (wa, macro, etc) and goals.

Ask lots of questions!

You can get an underwater housing for that 20D also. Here's one option

From what I've seen of the Sealife, no. It seems like a mediocre point and shoot with an inflated price.

If you're strapped for cash, my personal recommendation would be a Canon A630/A640 and the accompanying Canon UW case. You should be able to get both for < $400 if you look around. The Canon case comes with a flash diffuser for the onboard flash which works reasonably well, if you don't want to spring for a strobe right away (I haven't yet).

Back
Top Bottom