Are OMS spring straps adjustable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i just got some XXL Slipstreams. The spring strap is a great size for my wetsuit but a little tight in a dry suit.

On the OMS website it mentions two positions for each size, but I’m not sure what position means in this context. It says the XXL strap at position 1 is 11” and 14” at position 2.

I’ve been staring at the straps and can’t figure out how they’d be adjustable.

Am I missing something?

Does anyone recommend replacement straps?

I have the XS Scuba straps on mine, purchased before OMS began including spring straps. Last I saw they came in three different lengths.

Looking at a couple of pictures it appears that you might be able to take the straps off the fins and then change the position the springs seat within the black housings.

You could also just email them at info@omsdive.com and ask.

i just got some XXL Slipstreams. The spring strap is a great size for my wetsuit but a little tight in a dry suit.

On the OMS website it mentions two positions for each size, but I’m not sure what position means in this context. It says the XXL strap at position 1 is 11” and 14” at position 2.

I’ve been staring at the straps and can’t figure out how they’d be adjustable.

Am I missing something?

Does anyone recommend replacement straps?

Jake...

You're not missing a thing...they're not adjustable...

The Poseidon S/S spring straps with the ''pinch claw'' attachment will retro-fit...any other S/S spring straps with the pinch claw will work as well...

Remove your existing straps...retain all the pieces...fit the replacement straps over the strap mounting holes in the fins...pinch the fittings togeter with channelock pliers...

The best fin choice you could have made by the way...my favourite for years...

Best...

Warren

DSCF1192.JPG
poseidon-spring-straps.jpg

"Oooo!"

OMS Spring Heels for Slipstream Fins (Pair)

OMS Spring Heels provide divers excellent fit and comfort and make the divers fins easy to don and doff quickly.

The OMS spring straps offer five (5) different sizing options. For the exact sizing measurements please see below:

NOTE: These straps are ONLY compatible with OMS slipstream fins.

• Small = 8 in | 20 cm
  • Medium = 9 in | 23 cm
  • Large = 10 in | 25 cm
  • XLarge = 11 in | 27 cm
  • XXLarge = 12 in | 30 cm

"Ohhhh!!"

OMS Spring Heels for Slipstream-style Fins

Heel Sizing:

• Medium @ Position 1 = 7.25"
  • Medium @ Position 2 = 10.75"
  • Large @ Position 1 = 8.5"
  • Large @ Position 2 = 12"