Are OMS face-seal caps compatible with Genesis face-seal valves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-JD-

Eclecticist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've got a buddy with a 7/8" Genesis slant-back face-seal manifold with a leaking isolator crossbar (at the seal "nut") . If we can't figure out how to fix the leak, he'd like to use the vales as a L/R set.

Piranha has caps for the OMS face-seal valves: Back in Stock! OMS Replacement End Caps! Price is per piece , Piranha Dive Shop |

Does anyone happen to know if they would seal with the Genesis versions?

the genesis slant back manifolds were never intended for independent use and I am not aware of anything made to plug them.

I haven't seen them in person yet, but what do you think about tapping them and running in a plug? Maybe a 2nd burst plug for grins.

I haven't seen them in person yet, but what do you think about tapping them and running in a plug? Maybe a 2nd burst plug for grins.

why would you put an extra burst disc in? They are illegal in most countries for SCUBA application and are only a holdover in this one from some nasty boiler accidents 100 years ago. Don't do that.
These seal the same way that most CGA fittings seal with a nipple and then the cap screws on to hold them down. I have one apart in the garage that I can check, but I imagine it is a standard CGA fitting. If it is, then I would find whatever fitting it is, probably CGA346 or 347, and then buy a new nipple and plug it if you really need to make them single tank lefty/right valves.

Can you circle the location on the drawing of the manifold and show us where it's leaking? These things aren't terribly complicated so it shouldn't be that hard to pinpoint

Burst plug was mostly a joke, keeping it "original scuba equipment" :cool: I'd have to see the size of the hole, but I'm sure I can find an internal sealing solution if need be, but the CGA fittings sound like a good option.

I don't have it in hand, yet, but this is where I'm told it is leaking.
5hrjutil3ddc4iLt4VEYKO68cxZHQJzBLTteu08ipVKcHKwf6gzoiaDvdKAdY_iJdposeSRCjQJoMWk-h1O=w662-h882-no.jpg

If you happen to have a schematic of the Genesis manifolds that would be awesome so I can tear It down when I get ahold of it. It may just need cleaning and O rings.

also of note, the o-ring part numbers are their sizes, so G010K is an 010 o-ring, just make sure they're 90duro. You will have 010 and 011 o-rings in your save a dive kit, but they're on the LP hose side, so they're probably 70 or 75 duro

also of note, the o-ring part numbers are their sizes, so G010K is an 010 o-ring, just make sure they're 90duro. You will have 010 and 011 o-rings in your save a dive kit, but they're on the LP hose side, so they're probably 70 or 75 duro

Thanks for the additional tip!

I just checked my (driving) save a dive kit (I tend to overdo :D):
_B-pSAWmXXJFUEy6bS0zQaU1jX9Fb7vuG_FOj2f9hygUUAuv6EVmOuqiltYG7hyqkA67gfp=w1298-h973-no?authuser=0.jpg

And had this:
h2-dKLeoFcVSD4YW7Jn6ZYsfRTLrr7rJBlsDmae9ttwujjH9sF8Kv-mCXwagkJLOiIE8FBm=w1298-h973-no?authuser=0.jpg

so fortunately I'm set.

Back
Top Bottom