Are dry snokels really dry

Is your dry snorkel really dry?

• Yes. Dry as the Arizona desert!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Very little water gets in it.

• Leaks a little, but clears easily.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Leaks a lot, almost better not to have it.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hyperdry, I think. It is quite good, and certainly much drier than a snorkel without those features.

I wouldn't have one just for diving as it's little bulkier and I rarely use one for diving, but it's great for snorkeling.

Ocean Master is completely dry. It is best for freediving however, because it keeps water out of your mouth. Its not so great for scuba, because it traps air and then flops around.

Very dry but it traps too much air for scuba. I'm replacing it with a folding snorkel that I can deploy when necesary and saving the Ocean Master for snorkeling.

I only use it diving when in a class, but use it like crazy snorkeling with my daughters, by myself, during surface intervals.

I actually get cotton mouth.

only one I use is an OLD non purge snorkle that I found on the bottom. Works great (when Ineed to have one). Most of the time it stays in the bag. NO sense in spending real money on a snorkle. I know some friends that have old kiddy snorkels that they use only when forced to use on by a DM to proove a point. Mine is not a kiddy snorkle but it is nothing special.

From what I've seen...it depends on the snorkel....

and from what I've used...I have no idea, b/c snorkels are for snorklin....I hate snorkels....I think I might put on on my christmas tree this year as that is the only real use I have for one....oh yeah....that and classes....damn classes

Waves, rain, freediving...not a drop gets inside. The only drawback is that it is somewhat bulky.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

Back
Top Bottom