Aquaseal+FD to attach patch to wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce Yates

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a dive club patch that I'd like to attach to wetsuits. I've read several threads here, and the most popular option seems to be drysuit glue (specifically PB-300). Because I want to mail some adhesive to each club member with their patch, however, the bulky size of drysuit glue (which comes in cans like rubber cement) is problematic.

Several people advise against using Aquaseal because it dries hard, whereas drysuit glue (or most any contact cement) will still flex when it dries.

There are, however, a bunch of different variations of Aquaseal. Aquaseal+FD is specifically a "Flexible Durable Adhesive" to "Fix rips and tears permanently on waders, wetsuits, PVC inflatables, muck boots, and more with this waterproof and flexible adhesive." Is there any reason this would NOT be a good option?

I have a dive club patch that I'd like to attach to wetsuits. I've read several threads here, and the most popular option seems to be drysuit glue (specifically PB-300). Because I want to mail some adhesive to each club member with their patch, however, the bulky size of drysuit glue (which comes in cans like rubber cement) is problematic.

Several people advise against using Aquaseal because it dries hard, whereas drysuit glue (or most any contact cement) will still flex when it dries.

There are, however, a bunch of different variations of Aquaseal. Aquaseal+FD is specifically a "Flexible Durable Adhesive" to "Fix rips and tears permanently on waders, wetsuits, PVC inflatables, muck boots, and more with this waterproof and flexible adhesive." Is there any reason this would NOT be a good option?

Maybe use drysuit tape? I'm not sure if DRiS could get it in different sizes, I'm sure they could.

DRIS Dive Gear Dry Adhesive Drysuit Tape | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom