Aquarium Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't possibly believe that in this day and age, divers would condone aquariums. Let alone go dive in them
Anyone who's seen some of these majestic creatures in the wild finds it abhorrent that thy're kept in a small tank for their whole lives

The important thing is that they end their lives in a majestic deep fryer.

Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta has a whale shark dive, I signed up for it this October, I am going to ATL for work.

They advertise as the "only guaranteed whale shark and manta ray sighting dive in the world!"

It is pricey, but I went ahead and booked it as it is something I think I will really enjoy. Plus you get a T-Shirt, and I am a sucker for a "free" T-shirt.

Dive with Gentle Giants Encounter & Experience | Georgia Aquarium

They even have a rebreather option, for more money, but you get a longer dive time.

Be advised, the only equipment of your own that they allow is your personal dive mask after they decontaminate it. You can't even take a GoPro - which I would think could be decontaminated as easily as a mask. That was a deal break for me.

Yes, I saw the all the rules. I thought I read you can bring your own computer?

I got to dive the Monterey Bay Aquarium with a rebreather a few years back. That was fun.

Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta has a whale shark dive, I signed up for it this October, I am going to ATL for work.

They advertise as the "only guaranteed whale shark and manta ray sighting dive in the world!"

It is pricey, but I went ahead and booked it as it is something I think I will really enjoy. Plus you get a T-Shirt, and I am a sucker for a "free" T-shirt.

They even have a rebreather option, for more money, but you get a longer dive time.

@Redfoot did you dive the Georgia Aquarium? How was it?

We looked into the Georgia aquarium. Will happen one day, cheaper than leaving the country to "maybe" see one....still a little pricey though. $300+ / person for ~ 30 min?.....that free t shirt though, now you got me thinking:)

The New York City Aquarium in Coney Island has a volunteer program, too. I believe it is one day every two weeks and includes cleaning tanks and working with their education program.

Definitely one of my goals.

Did you do it? Any comments?
I haven’t tried it yet price is a bit steep 250, I’ve been to the aquarium is a great aquarium in the heart of the city probably going to try it this summer.

Back
Top Bottom