Aquarena Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftwood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Talking with some of the staff, the buzz is that they are going to be removing the steel cap and pipe from Diversion. If true, then it will be the first time since 2004. In addition, they finally have a compressor hooked up. The problem is that its not working correctly at high pressure.

Nice dive today. Not often you can say you are comfortable in the July heat.

In addition, they finally have a compressor hooked up. The problem is that its not working correctly at high pressure.

What does that mean? That they can do 3000psi but not 3440? That they can fill to 2500psi only? Or that they aren't actually filling tanks at all yet?

An air pump would be nice. I cancelled a trip there because there wasn't space for all the tanks we would have needed to carry. And getting fills from outside sources are inconvenient.

What does that mean? That they can do 3000psi but not 3440? That they can fill to 2500psi only? Or that they aren't actually filling tanks at all yet?

As I understand it, there is an issue with excess noise that they are trying to get the supplier to address. They are using the compressor to fill tanks for staff use. I get the impression management is baulking at filling tank to volunteer divers. I guess we will just have to wait and see where that end up.

My feeling is that if I have to use my gas, I will probably do less work and just enjoy the dive. I'd be more inclined to float coonstail with their gas.

Hello Driftwood! Please let me know, If you plan on going diving in September or October. I would love to join you, If you don't mind? Good to hear from you again.

Rene,
Laredo, Texas

Hi Rene,

I generally dive Thursday and hit the springs between 9 and 9:30 for a 10am dive. If I am not there, there is a solid group of divers who I have over 100hrs with.

If you want to dive on a weekend, drop me a PM and lets see if the dates work out for the two of us.

Lot of beer over the dam since we last dived together.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom