Aquaprop lithium charger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still Kicking

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking for an aftermarket charger for a lithium battery for an Aquaprop (here's the spec for the stock Type 3240 charger which got damaged).

Afriend recommended this Sky RC charger which looks good but i want to verify it will work well before i risk damage. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20211231_180532.jpg
    20211231_180532.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 57
@Can't Talk ... Diving

4s smart chargers are 4s smart chargers. The one you linked to has all sorts of weird stuff built into it because the RC hobby doesn't usually put BMS in their packs which is why it has balance leads to hook up. The DPV will have a BMS built into it and it really just needs something that will give it 16.8V to charge and then turn off when it is done *called peak negative delta*.
Just make sure you program that thing properly as a 4s charger and I wouldn't charge it any faster than the stock charger which will make your batteries happier.

So can you recommend a better option (other than the stock charger which is 3x the price)?

Thanks.

stock charger I wouldn't actually say is better than the one you linked.
this is the one that I would probably go with, which is similar to the ones UWLD uses for his lights and Bobby is extremely picky.
1.8amps? 30watts? The Aquaprop scooter is 584wh. It's going to take 30+hours to charge that scooter, the charger may even time out before it's done. The supplied charger was 100w... Any 75 to 100W 4s charger is going to be pricey.

Get something like this and set it for 6s and 5 or 6 amps so output will be either 84 or 100watts. Don't go over 6 amps.

It doesn't come with a power supply

You can also use that charger for almost any other 2-6s li-ion battery you have (lights, suit heat etc) Just be sure to reset the voltage to match the battery and the supplied current to the existing charger(s).

I think i am starting to understand what to look for.

Looking for an all-in-one unit if possible, will either of these work?

Cheers

This is the charger I ended up getting for the Aquaprop. It seemed to work fine at first but I plugged it in the other day and it doesn't appear to be charging. The red and green lights are on all the time and the fan doesn't run.

I emailed the manufacturer and they asked me if it was Lithium Polymer or Lithium Ion battery. Subgravity lists the battery as LiMn (appears to be compatible based on label). No further response from the manufacturer.

Fuse is intact.

Any suggestions? Defective charger? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220711_112335.jpg
    20220711_112335.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 36
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom