Aqualung Zuma vs Pro HD Compact

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking into getting a travel BCD as that is when I will be doing most of my diving. I have found plenty of info on the Zuma, but came across the Pro HD Compact. The two look like identical designs except for color and d-ring material. However I can not find any info on the Pro HD Compact anywhere. Does anyone know if these are one in the same? Did the Zuma replace the Pro? Any known issues with the Pro? Very few places even offer it for sale.

I have tried to ask shops that sell the Pro HD Compact and Aqualung themselves but they have only replied with non-relevant answers.

Looking into getting a travel BCD as that is when I will be doing most of my diving. I have found plenty of info on the Zuma, but came across the Pro HD Compact. The two look like identical designs except for color and d-ring material. However I can not find any info on the Pro HD Compact anywhere. Does anyone know if these are one in the same? Did the Zuma replace the Pro? Any known issues with the Pro? Very few places even offer it for sale.

I have tried to ask shops that sell the Pro HD Compact and Aqualung themselves but they have only replied with non-relevant answers.
That's interesting, I never heard of the Compact model, and it's not shown on Aqualung's page of BCDs.

Certainly looks very similar to the Zuma, and bears little in common with the Pro HD (the regular one that's ubiquitous rental gear around here).

That's interesting, I never heard of the Compact model, and it's not shown on Aqualung's page of BCDs.

Certainly looks very similar to the Zuma, and bears little in common with the Pro HD (the regular one that's ubiquitous rental gear around here).
I’ve only found three places that sell it. One has it in a package similar to the Zuma package that is everywhere but it comes with the i330 computer instead of the i300 dual console. Very tempting for only $250 more.

I’ve only found three places that sell it. One has it in a package similar to the Zuma package that is everywhere but it comes with the i330 computer instead of the i300 dual console. Very tempting for only $250 more.
I think you are correct about the Zuma replacing the Compact based on the marketing blurb being the same for both. As far as the packages, the $250 difference is hard to understand unless I missed something. The Compact is selling on line for about $35 more than the Zuma, but the i330R sells for about $50 less than the i300 console. Double check me but, if this is true, the Compact with the i330 should be about $15 less, maybe $40 more when you add the SPG back in.
If you are really interested in the Compact my recommendation would be to price the package individually. Also, make sure everything else in the package is something you want.
Erik

Somehow from my dealer in Indonesia where I live, I got a quote price for the Pro HD Compact is much more expensive (at $800) than Zuma ($586), and even more expensive than Rogue price ($735).

Those are just the price for the BCs by the way.

(Yes, I know, BC price here is crazily expensive)

Wow, those are hefty prices. Here in Germany, the Zuma is sold from 280€ (300USD).

I have the Zuma, the compact looks identical other than Color and metal d-rings... Oh and price over $100more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom