Aqualung Titan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neil c

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys I have dived for the past 13 yrs

My AL is apprixmately 11 years old and they have been fantastic and I have serviced them regulary every two years and I am recreational diver. However I have not dived past 3 years and I am about to start againover next couple weeks.I am in Phillpines and most of the dive shops state they will take 2 to 3 weeks to service( they obviously contract out and Ido not trust) Question is should i service my regs before i dive, approximately 30 dives after last service over 3 years ago in the Caribbean.What your thoughts?No cracks on the hoses or damage. I want to be safe and I hate using dive shops regs as all my gear has done me proud. By the way I have dived around 220 dives approx- cheers for any feedback Neil

I would definitely get regs serviced after 3 years of storage. I may have misunderstood, but if you were asking if you should service them personally then the issue lies with the fact that AL requires any service parts to be sent only to authorized sales and service stores. The shops near you may not contract them out, they just might not stock the service lots. Best to ask the shop if this is the case. Best of luck though and happy diving g

For the record AL service interval is 1 year not 2. Just saying

Get yourself an IP gauge - then you'll know when your reg needs to be serviced/adjusted rather than going on an arbitrary calendar date. The link herman posted is golden

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom