Aqualung Titan LX Venturi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oitzu

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello :)
I'm new to owning a own regulator and got recently 2 used freshly serviced Aqualung Titan LX (>2009) sets.
Being a technical curious guy, i've flipped through some of the service manuals of the AQ Legend LX, which seems to be a technical equivalent regulator.
One thing in the manual catches my eye, the manual states that:
21.1 Place the venturi contro
l in the “ + “ position.
21.2 Press on the purge button.
The regulator should free
flow.​
Both regulator sets don't do that. I'm using a tank thats only filled to about 150Bar to test, ist this maybe a problem?
I tried adjusting the seat, thinking that it maybe is screwed in a little bit to much.
But even if the regulator slightly freeflows, caused by unscrewing it a little bit to much, the full freeflow caused by venturi effect doesn't kick in.

Should i check other things or i amover analyzing?
Can't check the MP right now but probably on the weekend.

Hello :)
I'm new to owning a own regulator and got recently 2 used freshly serviced Aqualung Titan LX (>2009) sets.
Being a technical curious guy, i've flipped through some of the service manuals of the AQ Legend LX, which seems to be a technical equivalent regulator.
One thing in the manual catches my eye, the manual states that:
21.1 Place the venturi contro
l in the “ + “ position.
21.2 Press on the purge button.
The regulator should free
flow.​
Both regulator sets don't do that. I'm using a tank thats only filled to about 150Bar to test, ist this maybe a problem?
I tried adjusting the seat, thinking that it maybe is screwed in a little bit to much.
But even if the regulator slightly freeflows, caused by unscrewing it a little bit to much, the full freeflow caused by venturi effect doesn't kick in.

Should i check other things or i amover analyzing?
Can't check the MP right now but probably on the weekend.
Hard to find a way to say this nicely, so don’t take offense:
If you have the manual, then read it fully rather Than just “flipping through it” then coming here. You will find you have only adjusted the lever height, and have not touched the opening effort.

“flipping through it” in the sense of "reading back and forth to understand the workings". (I probably communicated inproper reading (sry))

I was under the expression that the lever height is in correlation with the opening effort, as the troubleshooting section also references that.
Interpreting your answer i'm probably wrong.

I take no offense in being wrong. :) Failure is most often a crucial step to learning.

Just to be on the same page, i'm talking about that manual:
Aqua Lung Titan LX Service manual | manualzz.com

“flipping through it” in the sense of "reading back and forth to understand the workings". (I probably communicated inproper reading (sry))

I was under the expression that the lever height is in correlation with the opening effort, as the troubleshooting section also references that.
Interpreting your answer i'm probably wrong.

I take no offense in being wrong. :) Failure is most often a crucial step to learning.

Just to be on the same page, i'm talking about that manual:
Aqua Lung Titan LX Service manual | manualzz.com
When there is more than one adjustment, they do work hand in hand and each may effect the other. That manual is either less detailed than US version, or older, or both. The adjusting screw seen in step 15 is exactly that - an adjusting screw to tune the opening effort once the lever height is correct.

Ah okay thanks! :) I've seen that and was thinking that it probably is affecting the spring tension but was unsure how to adjust it.
Because it's very inaccurate described how much it should be screwed in/out and how to adjust that properly.
Unscrewing it about a turn indeed has the desired effect and breathing effort drastically gone down.

Thank you very much for the input! :)

Back
Top Bottom