Aqualung Titan LX, Legend LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mordred

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having some difficulty figuring out what the real difference is between the Aqualung Titan LX and the Legend LX.

I will be doing mostly warm water diving, but should I do other courses later (e.g. nitrox) I wouldn't want to replace all my equipment, so I would like something that is nitrox-compatible.

From what I can gather the Titan LX is an excellent reg for a good price.

Thank you in advance!

My husband and I used to dive with the Titans, but I switched to a Zeagle and he went to the Legend. He feels that the Legend is an easier breather for him, and prefers it hands down to the Titan. It was recommended that he upgrade to the Legend since he's a big guy (6'4", 220#) and he's never looked back since that day.

We're warm water divers who dive Nitrox (sometimes).

the titan is an excellent value for money valve set. My fiancé and I aren't sorry for choosing the Legend LX though. We both use the Supreme since we dive in "arctic conditions" (Darn, I love to say that!).

You dive MOSTLY in warm waters? -But then not all the time? Get the SUPREME anyway. Hardly any price difference.

The Legend has more adjustments than the Titan. You can adjust the brake point of opening (Sorry, english is my 2. language! Feel free to explain anyone!) and delivers more air when you need it according to Norwegian tests I've read. So if you go deep or are a big guy, or simply like to move around down there, spend the extra bucks on the Legend. You will not be sorry!

prd_legend_lx_supreme.jpg

http://www.aqualung.com/products/legend_lx_supreme.html

My Fiance and I both have the Titan LX Supreme. We are both very happy with it. As you can see other people like their Legend, but I don't have any complaints about the Titan. If I had the money I probably would have purchased the Legend, but the Titan is doing just fine.

The Goat Show:
My Fiance and I both have the Titan LX Supreme. We are both very happy with it. As you can see other people like their Legend, but I don't have any complaints about the Titan. If I had the money I probably would have purchased the Legend, but the Titan is doing just fine.

And I can add a very good friend of mine and HIS fiancé both use the Titan LX Supreme, and they are happy with them!

But the Legend do deliver more air, if you should ever need it. It feels like it will pump the air into you if you adjust it that way. No more SUCKING :wink:

I have the Titan LX and just switched to Zeagle...I never had any complaints with the Titans...but After using a more high performance reg, the difference is noticable...I'd assume (no experience here) it'd be the same with the Legend...better performance.

boxcar:
I have the Titan LX and just switched to Zeagle...I never had any complaints with the Titans...but After using a more high performance reg, the difference is noticable...I'd assume (no experience here) it'd be the same with the Legend...better performance.

You're correct. It's like what you don't know doesn't bother you. But once you know the difference, you know what you want!

I started on the COnshelf IV and I remember it breathing good. I sold it then ten years + started diving again and bought a Brut. I now have a Legend. I have taken both on trips and can tell you at 90' the difference between those two is obvious. I have a Octo L/X and at 60' you have to really try to feel the difference. If the Legend is a matter of money then the L/X will serve you well but if you are like me you will suffer buyers remorse and wish you bought the tricked out reg with all the knobs.

Besides the Titanium shiney ring just adds to the bling bling of your dive look.

Eric.

Thanks everyone for their comments. It's all a bit clearer now.

I'd rather wait a bit and save up, I'll rent in the meantime.

From what I gathered during my reg shopping before, the Titan LX is a mid-range/mid-priced model while the Legend LX is the top-end model of Aqua Lung.

Main points of differentiation:

Titan LX
Balanced diaphragm 1st stage
4 LP and 1 HP ports

Legend LX
Overbalanced diaphragm 1st stage
4 LP and 2 HP ports
Environmentally sealed dry chamber

Both are also available in cold-water versions (Supreme).

The Titan LX is a good bang-for-the-buck choice, but I ended up choosing the Legend LX because I wanted high-end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom