Aqualung Titan LX for doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wunat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone using using or have seen Aqualung Titan LX for doubles?

Coments needed.

Thanks a ton.

Frankly speaking, I don't see any reason not being able to use Titan LX for double setups other than hose routing problems.

Not sure if such understanding is right. ?.?.? :06:

wunat:
Anyone using using or have seen Aqualung Titan LX for doubles?

Coments needed.

Thanks a ton.

I have an LX that I have used with doubles and it worked perfectly down to 180 on air. The best feature is when you convert the 1st to DIN, it is straight into the valve and the hose routing is super easy that way. I think it is a great reg for the money.

I have titan LX on left post, routes fine until I try to add a dry suit inflator to the left post.

Some people don't like the idea of an overbalanced first stage design and field stripping the second stage is problematic, but they are decent performers with good reliability and easy to service at a semi-reasonable price. They can handle the gas flow required by deep mixes and are okay with EAN40 right out of the box, which is probably as hot a mix as you'll ever have on your back. I think most people will figure a way to route the hoses, but I'd make sure before I ponied up for a set and be sure the first won't be in the way of your head - either with the DIN or yoke connection. One of my complaints is the small size of the second stage, which tends to create problems with exhaust bubbles in your face, but some folks don't seem to have that problem. They aren't DIR but if you're not hung up on that, they're worth considering.

Remember, any dealer that can sell you an Aqualung regulator can also sell you an Apeks, which will get the DIR crowd off your back and actually give you a little bit better regulator.

reefraff:
Remember, any dealer that can sell you an Aqualung regulator can also sell you an Apeks, which will get the DIR crowd off your back and actually give you a little bit better regulator.

I was/am seriously considering Apeks. They are not distributed by the same agent as Aqualung here. I was going to get the DS4/ATX50 combo but they don't carry it here. They only have the default ATX50 which comes with a DST default 1st. Next on the list would be ATX100 and ATX200. Apeks prices in Thailand is actually as high as Scubapro. This makes me look into SP regs as well, namely Mk16/G250hp or MK25/G250hp combo. Anyone with hosing comments on these?

Would love to be able to get the Apeks. Can't make up my mind as yet.............more research on the way.

reefraff:
Remember, any dealer that can sell you an Aqualung regulator can also sell you an Apeks, which will get the DIR crowd off your back .

And boy that is really the most important consideration when selecting dive gear right? :crafty:

reefraff:
Every moment of resistance is a victory. :D

So you're telling me resistance is NOT futile?

Back
Top Bottom