Aqualung Titan LX age identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

magste

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I just picked up a cheap set of Titan LX 1st and 2nd stages with the Octopus as a backup set. I believe it is the 2nd generation of Titan.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if there is a way to identify the age of the set using the serial numbers? It would be fun to know if they were made during the beginning or end of the model's lifespan?

Serial for the Titan LX 1 & 2 stages is 4112096 and for the occy 5033404

Also, what is the model name of the occy? is it just called the Aqualung octopus as it says on it?I was looking around for service manuals for it, but can't find anything. It is quite different from the LX 2nd stage in design.

PSX_20180814_181835 (Small).jpg

PSX_20180814_181823 (Small).jpg

PSX_20180814_181629 (Small).jpg

Hi Magste. I see that your post did not generate any replies a couple of years ago. I wonder if you got any further with it. I also picked up a cheap titan first stage and a LX second stage which I am trying to find the part description for. I have a very detailed document with many of the Aqualung regulators manufactured until 2001 and this model is not included. My guess is that it was made after 2001 but I will continue looking. If you have any further information would you mind sharing it with me.

The first stage depicted is not a Titan LX series 1st stage, it is the older Titan series 1st stage that was produced from 1999-2008.

The Titan LX 1st stage was produced from 2009-2014

The newer Titan series 1st stage was produced from 2010 to at least 2018:

The 1st stage in the OP's picture is not an LX series 1st stage though...it is the older Titan series 1st stage that was produced from 1999-2008.

The Titan LX second stage was produced from 2001-2014. The one depicted is pre-2009 as there was a revision introduced for the purge cover and diaphragm in 2009 to the following design:
upload_2020-8-9_20-51-1.jpeg

The octo 2nd stage depicted, I believe, is an older version of the Titan/Calypso classic series octo 2nd stage produced from 2004 to the present with revisions of the cover and the body over the years.

-Z

@Zef the oldest revision of the titan lx shared the first stage with the regular titan. the LX designation was from the balanced 2nd stage, whereas the titan has a downstream 2nd. the first stage did not have any markings differentiating the two.

@Zef the oldest revision of the titan lx shared the first stage with the regular titan. the LX designation was from the balanced 2nd stage, whereas the titan has a downstream 2nd. the first stage did not have any markings differentiating the two.

Thanks for the clarification....the info I shared was based on the 2018 parts manual and diagrams.

-Z

Backing up what was said above. I had 2 Titan LX sets I bought new around 2006. They looked identical to the 1st & 2nd stages pictured by th OP. I just sold them a few months ago. I also had the same yellow 2nd pictured, bought it used and rebuilt as a spare and knew nothing else about it.

I also have this reg set. Anyone know if the first and second stages are balanced?

I also have this reg set. Anyone know if the first and second stages are balanced?

The Titan LX 1st stage and Titan LX 2nd stage are balanced. The Octo depicted is a non-balanced downstream design.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom