Aqualung titan 2nd as a octo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frenchy07

Reaction score
Just looking for a little insight as to if this is going to be ok.

I have a aqualung titan 1st and 2nd that I am no longer using (moved the octo to another set of regs). Plan on keeping it around as a backup but was wondering if I will get into trouble moving the 2nd to my oceanic rig as a octo. I kinda like the idea of having a octo that breaths a little better than a standard octo if the time comes to use it. The oceanic rig is a px2 with a delta 3, at the present time using a slimline inline safe 2nd. Don't like the inline octo at all and am looking to eliminate it from my gear (anyone want to make a offer on it? serviced in may 04).

Brian

It should be fine to have it on a different brand first stage. Are the LP ports the same size on both first stages?

The LP ports are the same size and it shouldn't be a problem. You will find that the LX second stage breathes a lot better than the slimline especially at depth as it is a balanced second stage. Just make sure that it is tuned properly even though the two regs should have the same IP.

Good luck.
How much for the slimline?

Could be pricey? Looked around at what they are going for new (it's not new). I got 39 in the annual back in may 04. Hows about 50 plus shipping?

Could do some trading if you like. Looking for a octo hose, reel, sausage, lights......adding to my growing collection of stuff.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom