Aqualung Slingshot Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh hum bug, powerbands, gearshifts, surely it is turbocharged and has a digital imput. I do know one thing, they are g-awful oo-ugly. This will fit right into the BCs with the up down elevator lever and the push button automatic transmission. It is going to be a great new year of awful gizmos and looking forward to a full year of poking fun at al of the useless c---p that the dive industry can crank out. What has the lowest carbon foot print, Jetfins that can easily last three decades or the latest plastic fin that you will replace next year with the latest plastic fin. Rubber at least is a natural product with some finite life whereas these thermoplastic petroleum consuming artificial materials may last thousands of years littering landfills and ocean bottoms where they are often thrown when the disgusted purchaser realizes the folly of the purchase.

That new AL Technisub micro mask does look very nice however.

Don't feed the pig, think before you purchase, recycle if possible.

N

Oh hum bug, powerbands, gearshifts, surely it is turbocharged and has a digital imput. I do know one thing, they are g-awful oo-ugly. This will fit right into the BCs with the up down elevator lever and the push button automatic transmission. It is going to be a great new year of awful gizmos and looking forward to a full year of poking fun at al of the useless c---p that the dive industry can crank out. What has the lowest carbon foot print, Jetfins that can easily last three decades or the latest plastic fin that you will replace next year with the latest plastic fin. Rubber at least is a natural product with some finite life whereas these thermoplastic petroleum consuming artificial materials may last thousands of years littering landfills and ocean bottoms where they are often thrown when the disgusted purchaser realizes the folly of the purchase.

N

Similar things were said about electricity, the automobile and television.

N

Don't hold back Nemrod. Tell us how you really feel! :D

I'm thinking about adding some racing stripes and a spoiler to my jetfins. 0-60 in 5.4 seconds!!!

PS - I really like "don't feed the pig".

This type of gimmicky, dishonest marketing to people who just don't know any better really upsets me. I think it's a new strategy over at Aqualung this year, and I know that it leaves quite a bad taste in my mouth. The Eleveator lever BCD is Sea Quest which is Aqualung as well.

Power Bands

* Pure silicone Power Bands are loaded with energy on the power stroke. They release their energy prior to the upstroke to provide an added boost of power.

Wouldn't that mean that on the power stroke, less energy is transferred into propulsion so it can be stored for later, in order to provide more propulsion???. And since no mechanical device is 100% efficient, well you figure it out. Anybody know what these cost? What the slide show, it's a hoot.

Heck I'm not a fan of split fins....now these jewels, whats the world coming to? :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom