Aqualung PRO HD SureLock II issue - and lost pouch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake 10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I purchased a brand new AL Pro HD in April and just went diving in Florida, Key Largo where I lost two (2) weight pouches with 5# each. I was able to recover one but not the second one. Has anyone come up with an idea on how to better secure the Sure Lock II pouches? Has anyone heard of a new recall regarding the Sure Lock II pouches (other than the rubber handle) ?

:cool: If anyone finds an AL Sure Lock II weight pouch in the Fire Coral or North Star Reef section of Molasses Reef please PM me and I will pay for S&H. You can keep the 5# weight in the pouch. :thumb:

I inserted the Sure Lock II pouches into the BCD before inflating or wearing the BCD, making sure I hear the click, and verified the pouch was in place and secured before putting on the equipment and jumping in the water.

I researched posts that date back to 2009 and 2014 in the issue of Aqualung Sure Lock II weight pouches releasing themselves. There was a recall for replacing the rubber on the handles but nothing related to the pouch locking mechanism. Or maybe I missed it.:acclaim:

I serviced and inspected the BCD before and after each dive. I also re-inspected the locking mechanism thinking it may be broken or defective, but NO. I was able to lock in place the Sure Lock II in each side of the BCD without issues.
:facepalm:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom