Aqualung powerline inflator oring sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris kippax

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All

Does anyone know the O-ring sizes required to service an Aqualung powerline inflator (image below)? I have found a source for the large schrader valve they use, if not I may just take them to my local O-ring store and get them matched. I imagine nitrile duro 75 should suffice? It's a shame they use a proprietary size corrugated tube so it is not replacable with a generic K valve. My halcyon inflator costs less than a dollar to service and my lds want $70 to service the wife's inflator, thought it would be best if I give it a shot first.

upload_2018-7-9_11-22-28.png

I could send you the Repair Manual, but the o-ring sizes are only partly recognizable....
Thanks Axxel57
I have the manual but wondered if and one had the actual oring part numbers, not the made up Aqualung ones. The actual oring numbers would be like bs010 and so on. It’s on my wife’s bc, the lds wants $70 to service just the inflator. I can buy it new for $100, can find the actual Aqualung kit except for 40 euro plus postage. Shame a generic k type wont just fit. They cost around a $1 to service.

I got the orings matched at my local bearing supplier, they are all british standard sizes so no issue there. Sourced a big bore Schrader from my local tyre fitter. All up $2 for the service kit. Followed the manual and there is a stupid amount of parts in the inflator around 25 seperate pieces I reckon. Tested and all ok. The only metal parts are 2 springs, filters and the Schrader. In my opinion a cheap made over technical valve that is almost disposable.

Well done on finding the parts. How about listing the o-ring sizes matched up to the AL part numbers?

BTW NESS sells an adapter hose that is 3/4" on one end and 1" on the other. With the adapter hose, you can convert an oddball size to a standard size.
12'' Corrugated Adapter Hose

Last edited:
No access to the manual at the moment but orings are easily identified. Parts below

1 x bs016
1 x bs014
1 x bs013
1 x bs 012
1 x bs110
1 x big bore Schrader valve

I marked the pull dump seat/seal with a paint stroke so it was installed in the exact same spot as it had worn an indent.

Well done on finding the parts. How about listing the o-ring sizes matched up to the AL part numbers?

BTW NESS sells an adapter hose that is 3/4" on one end and 1" on the other. With the adapter hose, you can convert an oddball size to a standard size.
12'' Corrugated Adapter Hose

Thanks Couv
I went to buy it early last week. $14.99 to buy $48 postage to Australia . Thought I would try diy first.

Yikes. I guess that's the sort of thing one buys with a bunch of other items to spread out the pain of shipping. I have a friend in another country who's in the same position you're in. He has stuff shipped to my house from all over the US-then I post it out to him. I'd be happy to do the same for you if the need arises. Or, if you could get a group buy going with a few of your countrymen, you sort out the in-country postage once it's Down Under.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom