Aqualung Legend Yoke to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stijnos

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could identify the make & model of my Aqualung legend reg. I recently bought it (2nd hand), but I'm unsure which model and year it is exactly.

Also I would like to convert it to a DIN reg. I found two kits, but I'm not sure which one I need, or if both would fit.

This is the regulator:
View media item 211472View media item 211471View media item 211470View media item 211469
I found these parts, but again, I'm not sure if they would both fit. The last one is much cheaper, especially if I limit my search to webshops in The Netherlands.

EAN: 3661666008297 (€70) (Aqua Lung Conversion Kit From DIN Legend to DIN ACD Legend)

EAN: 3661666107280 (€50) (Aqualung CONVERSION KIT ESTRIBO / DIN LEGEND 2 ACD NEW JAN 2012)

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

If you take the yoke off the 1st stage you will be able to see inside if the body is flat machined. If it is then you have an early set up. If it is machined for an O'ring and filter then it is the newer version.
I myself have the early version and am having a hard time finding a DIN conversion kit.
Aqualung (REFUSES) to contact me back. I have left messages and Emailed them several times.
If you find out what kit # goes with the early version please let me know.

@bdatud4x4 see my other thread that you commented on: Question - Best resource for discontinued Aqualung parts (Legend LX ACD)?

I have almost the exact same Legend as you show in the photos which I purchased new in 2006 (in fact, I have 4 of them!). The only difference is mine is the ACD model and your reg appears to be non-ACD (perforated holes in the first stage inlet). Your reg also appears to have a modified end-cap on the first stage that might have been a replacement part.

Thanks to some ScuabBoard help, I believe the part number is ""RA119121 CONV KIT LEGEND / ACD DIN". I've ordered two of these and should be receiving them in August (see the other thread for details).

@bdatud4x4 see my other thread that you commented on: Question - Best resource for discontinued Aqualung parts (Legend LX ACD)?

I have almost the exact same Legend as you show in the photos which I purchased new in 2006 (in fact, I have 4 of them!). The only difference is mine is the ACD model and your reg appears to be non-ACD (perforated holes in the first stage inlet). Your reg also appears to have a modified end-cap on the first stage that might have been a replacement part.

Thanks to some ScuabBoard help, I believe the part number is ""RA119121 CONV KIT LEGEND / ACD DIN". I've ordered two of these and should be receiving them in August (see the other thread for details).
August is still on the cards by the way.

I just got word at least two have arrived. I'll DM you.

If you take the yoke off the 1st stage you will be able to see inside if the body is flat machined. If it is then you have an early set up. If it is machined for an O'ring and filter then it is the newer version.
I myself have the early version and am having a hard time finding a DIN conversion kit.
Aqualung (REFUSES) to contact me back. I have left messages and Emailed them several times.
If you find out what kit # goes with the early version please let me know.

Not sure of the kit number but perhaps the diagram below can help you piece a shopping list together:

1659668652923.png

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom