Aqualung Legend series & vs. Apeks ATX 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wunat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am a bit confused and hope people here could help me understand the differences on Aqualung's Legend series regulators:

Legend vs Legend LX

I understood that "Supreme" is the cold water versions of both (Legend Supreme and Legend LX Supreme).

I have been told that Legend has been as highly rated as Apeks' ATX 200. Anyone would like to add things to my understanding?

Thanks!!!

The Legend does not have an adjustable second stage. The Legend LX does. The Supreme is the same thing for both models except that it has a special lip seal added to the mouthpiece for cold water diving.

I believe that the first stage is the same on both models. So, it is just a question of having an adjustable second stage or not.

Aqualung and Apex are now owned by the same entity. The first stage on both of their top of the line models are very similar. The Legend LX Supreme is easier breathing than the Apex (though they are all great). In fact, it is (or at least was when I last checked) the easiest breathing regulator on the market. The Apex is good for hose routing. The Aqualung is not bad but not quite as good in that regard.

I own two Legend LX Supremes. Other than removing the lip seal, which easily slides off of the mouthpiece, I love these regulators. At 250 feet of depth, they still breathe like a charm. I have had them for two years with no problems.

Another immportant difference on the Legend Supreme is the heat sink on the second stage. I believe that the reg is tuned a little bit differently as well to accomodate CE standards. It has good hose routing, enironmental seal and the dual HP ports you seek.

ScubaDadMiami:
The Legend does not have an adjustable second stage. The Legend LX does. The Supreme is the same thing for both models except that it has a special lip seal added to the mouthpiece for cold water diving.
The Titan LX Supreme also has an environmentally sealed first stage that the Titan LX (non-supreme version) lacks. I know, otherwise I'd own one. :) The Supreme models also all come with a normal mouthpiece in addition to the "cold water" mouthpiece.

I would personally go the Apeks route, but then I may be biased because they are built over here! I have a TX100, an ATX200 and an ATX200 Black Pearl and they all perform fantastically in all conditions – cold water, currents, depth, etc.

I have dived with both Aqualung variants and I can say they are a great breathe, but for me, the Apeks still came out tops.

Again, down to personal opinion and what you like!

Mark

Love my Legend LX Supreme, I don't like having to struggle breathing at depth. I was fortunate enough to get two of them as my first regulators, and I'm not sorry to have spent that kind of money after trying out different regs at depth. Only thing I'm sorry about is I had an airsource put on! Can't stand it, would rather spend the money to have another legend with another hose!

The Legend series consist of the following:
- Legend
- Legend Supreme
- Legend LX
- Legend LX Supreme

The Legend LX has the additional breathing-resistance knob, that is its only difference vs. the basic Legend. Yes, the Supreme is the cold-water version.

I own a Legend LX. My first reg. No complaints.

I am aware that Apeks are well-known for their regs and that they are now part of the Aqua Lung corporate family. I am also of the impression that the Legend series is an outcome of the synergy with Apeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom