Sold! Aqualung Legend regulator $300 plus shipping

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see the Legend is on sale in many places? Any particular reason? I am newly OW certified and looking at equip but don't want to buy something on sale because it's not good! Thanks

The Legend regulator (both 1st and 2nd stages) are excellent. I imagine you are seeing discounted prices for 1 of 2 reasons:

1. The 2023 summer season is coming to an end in the western hemisphere and for the vast majority of folks on planet earth, diving is considered a warm weather activity....shops are running sales to sell off current stock levels in preparation for the slower fall/winter season.

2. Aqualung is experiencing financial issues that, based on discussions here on Scuba Board and elsewhere, is having a negative impact on their network of dealers by way of lack of/long lead time for repair and replacement parts. Some shops may have discounted Aqualung stock on hand in an effort to sell it off in preparation to reduce and/or end their relationship with the company.

Given Aqualung's future is somewhat uncertain, it is either a good time to get a great deal on otherwise expensive Aqualung equipment or time to shop for a different brand.

-Z

No reason, they are awesome regulators.

AL did hit financial trouble but were recently bought out, I think they'll survive.

The Legend regulator (both 1st and 2nd stages) are excellent. I imagine you are seeing discounted prices for 1 of 2 reasons:

1. The 2023 summer season is coming to an end in the western hemisphere and for the vast majority of folks on planet earth, diving is considered a warm weather activity....shops are running sales to sell off current stock levels in preparation for the slower fall/winter season.

2. Aqualung is experiencing financial issues that, based on discussions here on Scuba Board and elsewhere, is having a negative impact on their network of dealers by way of lack of/long lead time for repair and replacement parts. Some shops may have discounted Aqualung stock on hand in an effort to sell it off in preparation to reduce and/or end their relationship with the company.

Given Aqualung's future is somewhat uncertain, it is either a good time to get a great deal on otherwise expensive Aqualung equipment or time to shop for a different brand.

-Z
Good points and thank you. I've read some articles on their financial issues and it is definitely something to consider. It seems like two prominent online retailers are discounting them, and it could also be from heavy inventory. My company has caught up from COVID and is also discounting excess inventory. Thanks

I see the Legend is on sale in many places? Any particular reason? I am newly OW certified and looking at equip but don't want to buy something on sale because it's not good! Thanks
Aqualung has been making regulators for a long time, and there are lots of them out there, that's why you see a lot for sale. Some places are running a "buy a new first and second stage, and get an octo free" deal right now. I personally think they are very good regs. My son dives with them, and I use the same reg set when I'm DM'ing a course.

By any chance is this still available?

I have the Aqualung Legend for a few years now, and love it. Never had had an issue. Regular maintenance annually and that’s it. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom