Aqualung legend Octo vs ABS Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh man I opened a can of worms. But from all that I’m reading is that it’s personal preference. Abs will work but not optimal. Get a decent second stage that I’m comfortable with if I ever have to donate so whichever reg the stressed diver grabs that they will be fine with it and also myself. I made up my mind ai can spring for the legend Octo. would get another regular legend but Im not spending that kind of money again. The point is to not have to use it right. Most of the divers I go with range In skill level. But no matter how trained you are you never know what’s going to happen. We alway do a gear review with a new diver to us so they know our gear and we know theirs. I know my buddy has a Teric like I do with AI and he has a spg like I do .. so if I want to know his gas levels I just grab it and look. But however I did go look at the abs and legend Octo today and to me the legend Octo is the way I’ll go simply because it’s a dumb down version of my legend elite.

The leg3nd elite 2nd stage can be purchased separate from the 1st stage.

Here is a site where it is listed for 288.43 euros:
Aqualung Leg3nd Elite 2nd stage

Here it is for 252 euros:
Aqualung Leg3nd Elite Second Stage - Gidive Store

The leg3nd octo retails online from US sources for roughly $250.
LEG3ND Octopus
Aqua Lung LEG3ND Octopus

-Z

The ABS should be renamed the DEATH-TO-PUS
Wet as breathing and the last thing you want handed to you in an emergency. I bought some regs on E-Bay once for the first stage and primary second, it came with the ABS. Had a play in the pool with it and was promptly removed.
I made two bad gear decision: one was to believe the guy in the LDS to get the ABS octo on my first reg set.

Agree with others, I had an egress many many moons ago, breathed like the proverbial...well, poo.

Back
Top Bottom