Aqualung Legend Dust Cap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmps

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The dust cap on my Legend did not come with an O ring. Does anyone know if the Legend cap is supposed to have a ring in it?

I went through this with a Titan. The instructions referred to an o-ring in the dustcap and I thought I had lost it and water had been getting into the first stage when I was cleaning it.

I went to the dealer, they ordered an o-ring for me and when I got it - it didn't fit! I called Aqualung and they told me there was no o-ring in the dustcap.

It may be worth double-checking with them.

Assuming a yoke fitting, the Legend dust cap is soft and needs no o-ring. In general, hard caps get an o-ring and have a recess for one. Soft caps are their own o-ring.

If you happen to have DIN, the DIN cap fits over the DIN fitting that has an associated o-ring.

source: the Aqualung Legend maintenance manual.

Thanks so much for the info. I do have a yoke (at least for now) I guess they need to update the owner's manual with the info from the maintenance manual.

My Legend is a yoke and it does not have an o-ring for the dust cap, have not had any problems. As someone earlier said that must by for the DIN connetion type.

An o-ring would only be needed if it was under pressure. The dust cap is only to keep stuff out of the first stage and is not under pressure.

If you do not have an good fitting o-ring or soft cap in good condition that will seal the opening in the regulator, be careful to not get water on the inlet or to soak the first stage unless it is attached to a tank and pressurized.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom