Aqualung Impulse Cryo Poppet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jordi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. My Aqualung Impulse Cryo second stage leaks. When I took it apart I found out that the poppet (27b, part 107826) is broken so the actual LP seat does not make a seal (see picture). Unfortunately very few Aqualung second stages seem to have the same part (Impulse, Impulse Octo and Impulse Cryo EAN) but none of the many other Aqualung second stages uses that part (it is different in Glacia, Titan, Cousteau, Calipso, Micro). Any idea if other second stages from other brands use this poppet? Any one has a clue where to find such part? I know that it is pretty much a lost cause but this is what makes it fun, the impossible search for a 10 buck part that will eventually cost much more.

27b poppet.jpg

Jordi
Christmas is over, so I found time to check for the Cryo 2nd I was pretty sure I have.
Finally found it, checked the tests I did with it about two years ago, everything was fine.
The poppet is intact, even when it looks different on the photo. It seems a bit frail, so reinforcing the rim with some glue might be a good idea.
Since I will definitely never dive my Cryo 2nd, I can send you the poppet if that helps, if you send me yours......Send me a PM if you want......
P1070036.JPG
P1070038.JPG
P1070042.JPG

Axxel57 that would be brilliant. If you give me your address via messenger I can post it to you. You will find me easily with my full name
Jordi Altimiras. Cheers
Jordi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom