Aqualung i550c Hose replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMurrr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A buddy upgraded their computer and is getting ready to sell their Aqualung i550c.
But. The hose is leaking and I see replacements go for $100-$150
Seems like highway robbery to me.
Does anyone have a part number for just the quick disconnect adaptor by chance?

@buddhasummer maybe?

This wouldn't work, right?

I'm not familiar with that computer, does it have a proprietary fitting? I'd hope not. Can you not just fit a standard HP hose to it? If it's a QD fitting then I'd think a normal hp hose with QD adaptor would work.

So I don't know for certain if any of this is the same or not... but I thought that Aqualung was basically the same as the old Oceanic computers - and likley the same type of quick disconnect (which is a bayonet style - two pins, like 1/8 turn -- not a pull-to-release like a power inflator or breathable inflator).

If it is the same - I happened to come across a video from the ScubaTech Key Largo guy that does a nice job on how to service the Quick Disconnect and those hoses, and also around the 5:25 mark he talks/shows about how, in a pinch, you can replace the QD with a regular high pressure hose (the hose required for the QD is male-male).

713xHnlQPlL._SL1500_.jpg

Hello

Where does the hose leak? The part number for the hose is NS911144.

Best wishes Jens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom