Aqualung i450tc / i470tc connection to pc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voets

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm looking into the aqualung i450 or i470 as a replacement for my Suunto D6 that I lost on my last dive.
With the suunto I was a happy user of the Suunto Dive Manager 3 software. The newer models are not supported by SDM3 and dive manager 5 is not what I need and want in dive logging software.

I have shearwaters for deep/technical/ccr stuff. I want a backup watch style computer that I wear everyday and which can be handy when travelling without any dive gear and bumping into an occasional dive.

But I also want decent divelog software into which I can enter details about gear used. The eDiverlog software seems to be very close in functionality to SDM3. And I want this software to run on a pc, so I can make proper backups and use a real keyboard.

The eDiverlog only shows only the i450tc as being supported though, aqualung mentions an diverlog + app for your phone to connect to the i470tc. I've also seen a sync feature over wifi being described between the phone app and pc software.

* Does anyone use the i470 like this? So downloading on the phone and then sending data to the pc software? Does that work nicely?

* In older threads I see complaints about the usb connection between the i450 and pc's. That it times out regularly. Is this still an issue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom