AquaLung i300c review???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kelly W.

New
Reaction score
Hello Wonderful Divers!

Does anyone own an AquaLung i300c?

I have been thinking about getting one and just wanted to see what people thought.

I have had a lot of drama with my i550 and my AMAZING LDS is working with me on it but suffice to say I want to make sure I am not jumping from the frying pan in to the fire.

Thanks!

I used a rented one on my scuba and advanced scuba dives. Super simple and took 5 minutes to download the dives to my phone. I’m most likely going to purchase since it is inexpensive and easy to use.

Both are updated versions that are successors of other models that Pelagic has been producing for years, in the case of the i300 for multiple customers. (The i550 is an update of an Aeris model, that was their version of the Oceanic DataMax Pro Plus 2) So I wouldn't be overly concerned.

I am curios though regarding what the drama is regarding your i550. Is it up to date on firmware revisions? They are up to version 1E. Latest one corrected a significant issue where the Time of Day (but not the algorithm clock) drifted very quickly. Like an hour or two just within a week. Firmware fixed it right up!

Hi, I am a new diver and got my OW certification 3 months ago. Before my next dive vacation I am looking to buy my first dive computer. I have read about RGBM computers being too conservative so am looking for a more liberal one. I have set my mind on buying either aqua lung i300c or i200c but recently read about problems in which they get stuck and continues dive time even after surfacing. Has Aqua lung resolved this issue or is this problem still very common?

I have been using the I300C since it has been released. It works great and never had an issue with it. The bluetooth is good. I like the fact that it was a bit bigger than the 200 when I go diving in my drysuit. The only down side for me was night diving or in low visibility. I find the screen / light could be better but it's equivalent to any other computer in that price range. As for using it, it is fairly simple. You can go through the options with the 2 buttons or via the app and bluetooth. You can update the computer via bluetooth. Let me know if you have any other question. It's a good buy for recreational divers. :coffee:

I have been using the I300C since it has been released. It works great and never had an issue with it. The bluetooth is good. I like the fact that it was a bit bigger than the 200 when I go diving in my drysuit. The only down side for me was night diving or in low visibility. I find the screen / light could be better but it's equivalent to any other computer in that price range. As for using it, it is fairly simple. You can go through the options with the 2 buttons or via the app and bluetooth. You can update the computer via bluetooth. Let me know if you have any other question. It's a good buy for recreational divers. :coffee:
Hey thanks for the info

I got one as a replacement for the i300. I’ve used the i300c now for about 15 dives, salt and fresh water. To be honest it is a great dive computer. Mine is in a console. I use it as a backup. Bluetooth is awesome and tracking your dives is painless if your using the app either on your iPhone or iPad. For the money and ease of use it is a great dive computer.

Glenn

I dive with the Mares Icon, love it the computer is rechargeable the transmitter uses a battery and does not turn on till air is applied to save the battery, Full color large screen under water easy to see, the Genius is the new version no different so you can buy Icon cheaper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom