Aqualung i300 and Shearwater Peregine looking to electronically store all dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAJeff750

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have an Aqualung i300 on my console, non-Bluetooth and a Shearwater Peregrine wrist mount. I have had the i300 for most of my dives and the Shearwater only for about 10 dives. All of my dives are written up in my log book and the Shearwater are uploaded to the app on my phone. I have a data cable coming Monday for the i300 to upload to my computer.

The question:
What are the suggestions to be able to upload all of my dives to one place electronically?

MacDive is my choice. iPhone/iPad app plus Mac desktop. Not free.

A lot of people like Subsurface, which is open course and free. I didn’t like the user interface. Desktop plus IOS/Android mobile app.

The answer depends a bit on what you are going to do with all the logged data. For example, it is a lot of effort to get all your written data into something, so that needs to be an easy interface, and if you are going to DO someting with the data (like histograms of how many dives for various depth ranges) then you might want to just put it all into Excel. Future dives can be uploaded to any number of dive logging programs and then output as CSV or something to the master Excel log. And, of course, it depends on whether you are sticking with your phone or want things to go to a desktop....and it depends on wheter your phone is Android or Apple....

I don’t really have any plans for the info, just to keep an electronic record of all my dives. My phone is Apple my computer is Windows. I guess I would live to be able to access it from a cloud possibly.

MacDive will support both devices but one of the drawbacks (for people that carry multiple dive computers on a dive) is that it only allows one dive computer per dive. The other think that irks me about MacDive is the support for more than one tank on a dive is poor.

Subsurface will allow you to have the data from all your dive computers for each dive.

MacDive will only work on a Mac and iPhone. Subsurface works on everything! And has cloud support.

FYI Dive Log for iOS can download your Peregrine and DiveLogDT for macOS can download both the i300 (serial cable) and Peregrine (BLE). There are various syncing methods between the two platforms as well. More info on our website or just contact us with questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom