Aqualung fusion bullet p valve install

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris kippax

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi guys
I just received my aqualung fusion bullet and am putting some thought into the light monkey balanced p valve install.
Would it be ok to install it only through the dry core and leave the bullet skin untouched and it can just sit over the valve? I would leave it open all the time. With the way you don the suit it seems pointless putting a hole in the skin for the valve. I don't care if a little p flushes through the skin.

Last edited:
That's how I installed the p-valve in my Fusion Sport, just through the drycore and not the outer skin. I didn't want to create an anchor point between the inner and outer layers so that both are free to move. There is a possible issue with this approach, I find the p-valve body sometimes wants to turn sideways on my leg since the inner core is so baggy. I just push it back into position flat on my leg, usually happens above water. A stiff hose could also torque the valve body out of position.

I think it's really important with the Fusion to locate the p-valve with the suit and undergarment on. It's all to easy to get the valve to low or too much to the front of the leg due to bagginess of inner core.

If you search here you can find a thread with pictures of the Fusion p-valve install. I'm happy with the way mine came out. I did use some drycore patch material to create a reinforced area for the hole.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom