Aqualung Dimension - Flat e-valve repair or rebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmaloy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know how to disassemble a flat e valve ?
My lower rear dump on my Dimension i3 is leaking and I would like to open it up to check the o rings.
Thanks for any infor you could provide. I am especially interested in how you remove the top plastic vavle cover to access the inner parts. It looks like there are clips on it, but I don't want to force anything in fear of breaking it.

I know that I should send it to an authorized dealer, but I bought this used and am looking to save a few $$$.

My lower rear dump on my Dimension i3 is leaking and I would like to open it up to check the o rings.
Thanks for any infor you could provide. I am especially interested in how you remove the top plastic vavle cover to access the inner parts. It looks like there are clips on it, but I don't want to force anything in fear of breaking it.

I know that I should send it to an authorized dealer, but I bought this used and am looking to save a few $$$.

Okay, here is how you do it. Don't blame me if you break something or void your warranty. That's your decision.

Step 1 Open the valve cover by expanding the retention clips, and sliding the cover to the left.
Step1_zps6aa39ae8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

be very careful of the delicate silicone one way purge valve.

Step2_zps9413b4fa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Gently lift this assembly without damaging any of the plastic.
Step3_zpsc9e641f9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You will now see the actual valve that is controlled by the lever. If you see that it is stuck open, you have the same problem I had.
valveOpen_zpse61554bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The main valve is now exposed and ready to be removed by pushing back and up. Take note of where the actuator is supposed to mate up with as described by the green arrow. This is likely your problem. The actuator can stray off to the side, thus preventing the valve from closing. Once the plastic actuator becomes bent, it doesn't want to go back to it's designed receiver.
Valve_zpsfc66245a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

When you operate the lever on your BC, you will see the actuator move in and out. If it is bent to the side, gently bend it back into shape. It's fairly pliable. Your goal is to get it to stay straight and properly mate with the receiver on the one way valve.

actuator_zpse6d70a1f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Gently push the actuator back until it is flush with the valve wall. Do not push it any further than flush.
actuatorClosed_zpsf373e080.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Reinstall the valve and make sure the actuator is able to properly operate the valve open and closed. Carefully reassemble the rest of the valve in the reverse order you just used to take it apart.

Easy once you have done it once.

Thank you very much for this pchef, it helped me a lot. I also had the problem wherein the white actuator was bent to one side and not operating the valve properly. It also seemed to be stopping the valve from properly closing, although a further problem was that my silicone one-way purge valve was folded. Not sure whether that happened while taking the cover off though. One thing... My valve cover needed a really strong push on the 2 pins to get it off.

Wow. What a convoluted piece of junk. Great answer though.

Can't see all the images in this relpy... I've logged in even...

Any tips as to why I can't see images?

Thanks...

Can't see all the images in this relpy... I've logged in even...

Any tips as to why I can't see images?

Thanks...
You cannot see the images because the original thread is 6 years old and there was an upgrade of the Forum engine.
I would also like to have those images.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom