Aqualung Calypso Depth Gauge - Looking for information about

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased an old Aqua Lung Calypso depth gauge wrist watch, and I was looking for more information about it. Wondering if there is a way to know what year it was made and what it's worth, if anything? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_7270.JPG
    IMG_7270.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 147
I think they sell on eBay for about $20 if they still work. Maybe a little more if they are pristine.

I have one :) The main problem is that they get clogged because the salt water gets inside the bourdon tube and crystallizes or something and it's tricky to clean them out. Another possible problem I see is that leather band :wink:

I don't actually dive with mine any more but I used to. It still works but I have to mess with it every time I use it (rinse it with a hypodermic full of water) I got it in the 70s and suspect it was probably made in the 60s. Someone here probably has an old catalog with the gauge in it.

If you go to Vintage Double Hose, Bryan has pdfs of the old Aqualung catalogs you can see when it entered the catalog. I suspect the band is homemade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom