Aqualung Atlantis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrunkenParrot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well being a recent Vintage diver convert after seeing the light:wink: , I need a new mask. I have used this mask a long time ago and remember loving it to death. My question is..... "are the new atlantis masks as good as the old?" My dive buddy has a vintage era one but will not sell it...:dork2:....So should I hold out for a vintage mask or just buy the new one?

thanks
DP

The original Atlantis and the new Atlantis are not exactly the same. The original was a true oval with a neoprene nose pad that was pressed against the nose for equalization. The new version is not a true oval and has finger pockets to pinch the nose. I do not care for the newer version.

I had an Atlantis growing up and loved it. I dropped it on the cement at a boat ramp about 7 years ago and it shattered... I was pretty bummed about it. I ordered a new one from the lds yesterday. I should have it next week and will let you know what I think.

I use an Atlantis occationally. I have both the translucent and black (military version?). The current masks are in silicone vs the orginal rubber. That, in itself, is an advantage. Nose pinches are nice if you need them. In other words, I like them alot. Remember, you can be in love with a style, but if it doesn't fit or work for you, then why bother?

IMG_9366.jpg

Photo by David Haas, Sand Dog II, Alexander Springs, FL

Thank you everyone for the help, I am going to order the new Atlantis II from my LDS on Monday. I will give it a try.
Thanks
DP

I use a new Atlantis silicone mask.
But I put the stainless band and lens with yellow trim off an perished rubber Atlantis on it.
Just made it look more vintage.

DrunkenParrot, have you received your mask yet? I still haven't received the one I ordered, lds days backordered until next week.

DrunkenParrot, have you received your mask yet? I still haven't received the one I ordered, lds days backordered until next week.
No I have not....I need to call my LDS they have a habit of not calling.

Got mine today! This mask looks and feels like quality, can't wait to dive it.

Did you try your mask? how did you like it, any pros or cons that you noticed vs a standard mask

Thanks im considering this mask because all the standard masks seem to press against the bridge of my nose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom