Aqualung airsource oral inflation button broke - what can I do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

speters

New
Reaction score
During my last dive I bumped against a floating dock and the oral inflation button snapped off. I don't know if I am able to glue it together, buy a new piece or if I need to take it in to get serviced.

image1.jpeg

can be replaced by an aqualung dealer or just try gluing it. you can also just go for a regular inflator to replace the airsource too.

I would not use glue, it can jam up the button and cause an incident under water.

Its time to replace the whole thing. Your life isn't worth the quick glue repair

Have had my buttons replaced on the airsource. An easy fix for an authorized dealer or reputable dive shop. I wasn't smart enough to do it myself!

Thank you very much for these helpful tips. I was worried they wouldn't be replaceable.

You do see, from the picture, that it is a POS part..........right?

Why would you replace a POS part with the same POS part?

SP...

You may want to consider replacing your inflator regulator altogether...opt for a conventional power inflator...DGX...as shown...$18.00...

Start using a conventional second stage regulator/LP hose assembly...either clipped off for easy access in front of you...or worn around your neck on a ''necklace...this would be your ''safe second''...and in an emergency you'd pass off your primary second...

If your inflator regulator is attached to the corrigated inflator hose with zip ties...be careful how you remove them...you don't want to cut or punch a hole in your corrigated hose...

DGX...Dive Gear Express...has everything you'll need to make the conversion...including second stage regulators...LP reg hoses...and standard LP inflator hoses...their house brand products are some of the best low cost items available anywhere...and their customer support is second to none...

If you do opt for a re and re...you will also have to change out your LP inflator hose as the high flow quick disconnect which attaches to your inflator regulator is not compatible with a standard power inflator...

Feel free to PM me if you need further help...

Best...

Warren
dgx power inflator.png

Back
Top Bottom