Aqualung 2019 Yoke Legend - Convert to DIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishhy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been eyeballing some HP tanks, but the service pressure requires DIN, so I was wondering....
Is there a kit still available to convert my Yoke into DIN? I saw a while back about it, but all the links seem to show discontinued.
Anyone have experience with this? I'd think it would be more economical than selling what I have and buying another set...

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure 129021 is the kit you need. they're ~$120 each from a dive shop.

That’s what I did with my 2016 one. When I recently sold it, the yoke parts were included. The buyer has it switched back to yoke.

I've been eyeballing some HP tanks, but the service pressure requires DIN, so I was wondering....
Is there a kit still available to convert my Yoke into DIN? I saw a while back about it, but all the links seem to show discontinued.
Anyone have experience with this? I'd think it would be more economical than selling what I have and buying another set...

Thanks!

Fishhy,

I am assuming the HP tanks you are looking at are 3442 PSI.

Your AL Legend yoke regs can be used at 3442 PSI.

If the tanks you are looking at are fitted with 300 BAR deep thread valves the DIN/yoke threaded plugs cannot be fitted, and you need DIN regs.

If however the tanks are fitted with 200 BAR DIN valves, these can be fitted with DIN/yoke threaded plugs allowing you to use your yoke regs.

See attached photo. This is a 200 BAR DIN/yoke valve, with the common 3/4''-14 thread, with a 5250 PSI burst disc, commonly referred to as a Pro Valve. It can be used as DIN, or fitted with the threaded plug and used with yoke regs. This valve and adapter plug are available through Dive Gear Express (DGX). The valve is $39., the adapter plug is an additional $4.

You may be misinterpreting what you have been told, or you may have been given some incorrect information.

I hope this helps, and clears things up for you.

Rose.

200 BAR PRO VALVE.jpg
200 BAR PRO VALVE 2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom