AquaGlider X30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverBoyEd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have recently acquired a partially built AquaGlider X30 from the company which went under a few years back out of Jupiter Florida. Just a few days ago I was able to speak the the x-president of the company. Unfortunately he was not able to help me.

I am looking for any kind of schematics, designs, complete close up pictures (not the web advertising ones), and building paperwork. I was able to get a little bit of information from the US Patent office, but nothing of real value.

Can anyone help me?

I will be posting some pictures.

Attachments

• DSC03198.JPG
    DSC03198.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC03199.JPG
    DSC03199.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 224
By the way, when I acquired the wet sub I also got a lot of fiberglass pieces that go to other designs. If you have one of the other designs by Marine Gear and need some replacement body parts let me know.

I have recently acquired a partially built AquaGlider X30 from the company which went under a few years back out of Jupiter Florida. Just a few days ago I was able to speak the the x-president of the company. Unfortunately he was not able to help me.

I am looking for any kind of schematics, designs, complete close up pictures (not the web advertising ones), and building paperwork. I was able to get a little bit of information from the US Patent office, but nothing of real value.

Can anyone help me?

Good morning,
I might be able to help you with some photographs but can I first ask you two questions:

1, Which version of the Aquaglider because there two types, one with all the motors at the rear and one with motors on the hydroplanes.

2, What do you want to do with the parts you have, make a working unit or something else?

warm regards,
DontheDiver

Hi,

I have just returned from our family vacation which was Aruba this year. Yes it was fantastic and got some diving in as well.

Don, thank you for your questions. In regards to the motors it actually can do the motors at the rear or rear and hydroplanes. I have both sets of hydroplanes, with and without motor mounts.

Here are my planes with the unit: I am going to make a sub-skimmer.

Instead of being a three man wet-sub, I am eliminating the middle man and putting in a lightweight jet-ski engine for above water jet-propulsion. Then will let the electric engines guide her while under water.

I am thinking about installing tubes along the sides to insert bladders for above water flotation and assist with buoyancy.

What do you think? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ed

That's some pretty cool stuff there - you're gonna have some fun rigging that puppy. Too bad you couldn't waterboard the ex-prez - I bet all sorts of helpful ideas would have come tumbling out.

Can anyone help me?

I've seen a video on You Tube about the Aqua Guider. I was talking with a friend about making one. Since I'm new to the site I'm not allow to post URLs. Try adding this after youtube com/watch?v=CUNxUq5aljU

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom