Aqua Lung Titan ID and DIN conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can find the DIN kits for the old Titans that is least expensive but it is unlikely except by luck that you can get the kits. If you get two new Core sets, you can use one new first stage with the two new second stage Core regs. Then pick the best two Titan LX second stages from the old sets and put those on the other Core first stage. Now you have two DIN double sets. Give your wife person the new/new set and you take the new/old set. Fixed :wink:.

James
I like that idea and I'm thinking of buying the core that was linked above for me. I was DM'd by someone who has the din kit for my ancient titan. I'll convert that one and give it to the wife and use the core for me unless of course my titan breathes better than the titan. Then the wife gets the new one lol.

I like that idea and I'm thinking of buying the core that was linked above for me. I was DM'd by someone who has the din kit for my ancient titan. I'll convert that one and give it to the wife and use the core for me unless of course my titan breathes better than the titan. Then the wife gets the new one lol.

They will breath the same assuming both are well tuned as they are the same regulators internally with a different external look.

James

How do you figure? New tanks are $400 ea. These are $225 with fresh hydro and din valves. I get 2 of my regs swapped over to din for about 100-150 and I save quite a bit over buying new 1st stages. I was trying to get tanks with 3/4 necks that would accept pro valves but that isn't in the cards.

It was a general statement based on your gripe:

Every time I spend money for diving to be more convenient I have to spend more money to make it work for us... perpetual money spending. PMS, diving is a pain

If you meant this as sarcastic/sardonic humor, then the humor was not apparent to me as I read your post.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom