Aqua-Lung Online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2009 Aqua Lung Catalog

The new AL store is up and running. You can buy direct from Aqua-Lung today. The LDS
Authorized Dealer is included in this.

Apparently, selling online has lost the "danger" it previously (last night) had.

What if you don't LIKE the local retailer? Looks to be the same "model" used by Oceanic and Atomic. How is that working out?

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

I assume you still have to present yourself at the shop to pick it up. No shipping allowed. No real change here. One fixed price and you have to get it from one of your local shops. They are still clueless.

I clicked on the Aqualung Online Store link. The website lists a price or range of prices for each item. However, the customer is then asked to input a zipcode to receive a list of nearby authorized Aqualung dealers. [-]As far as I can tell, the transaction would then take place at a brick-and-mortar authorized dealer.[/-]

[-]I really wouldn't call this direct purchasing from Aqualung at all...although it does appear that the local dealer would have to adhere to the listed price (where specified).[/-]

Oops! I now see the "Buy Now" and "Add to Cart" buttons. This does appear to be a change in the way Aqualung does business. I wonder how authorized Aqualung dealers feel about this. Even though customers might be able to arrange to pick up the gear at their local dive shop, it does seem like the dealer is getting cut out of the action. Or perhaps some "arrangement" is being made between Aqualung and dealer with a set amount of profit per item going to the dealer (kind of like a referral commission).

Last edited:
Jim: AL will ship direct to you. You can exchange return direct to them. The price is MSRP+shipping
if it comes direct to you. No shipping charges if delivered through the Authorized LDS.

Jim: AL will ship direct to you. You can exchange return direct to them. The price is MSRP+shipping
if it comes direct to you. No shipping charges if delivered through the Authorized LDS.

That is certainly a change. Interesting.

Well Will the LDS warrant a reg bought on line??
I can hear it now
LDS :you bought that on line so it is not covered by the parts for life or a warranty.
Customer: But I bought it from Aqualung!!!
LDS : If you bought it on line it is not covered by any warranty or parts for life!!!

Clipped from the authorized Aqua Lung website this morning at 9:38 CST. Looks like their policies are just a little behind their reality.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Aqua Lung Website:
Please be aware that not every business that advertises and sells Aqua Lung branded products is an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer. Retailers that offer to sell and ship Aqua Lung or affiliate branded life support products by mail in response to mail, telephone, or Internet orders ARE NOT AUTHORIZED AQUA LUNG AMERICA DEALERS.

If you purchase Aqua Lung or affiliate branded life support products by mail, telephone order, or electronically, you are purchasing from a non-authorized dealer and your products will not be covered by Aqua Lung America warranties. Aqua Lung America has not authorized any exceptions to the "in-store" sales policy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom