Aqua Lung LEG3ND vs Apek XTX 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catito

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at these two regulators. If you own/use one of these and have feedback, I would appreciate receiving it. I only dive in warm waters. Not a technical diver. Dive mostly Nitrox.

Thanks in advance.

I own both and prefer the XTX50 hands down. I think it breathes better and is a little lighter for travel. I also feel the XTX stays in tune better.

I also own and dive both.

I don't find any real difference between either. I have my regs tunes on the edge. i.e. they will freeflow easily just by inverting. I don't have them serviced annually just when I feel the breathing change, which will be well over 100 dives

The advantage (for me) is the Legend has the ACD on the 1st stage, which for my diving and environment is invaluable, giving piece of mind that moisture will never enter teh 1st stage. I use DIN - there have been a few issues with the yoke variant in certain circumstances (there is a long thread on SB examining the technicals reasons this might happen)

The XTX 50 1st stage can have a 5th port, so good for SM or BM doubles

Both regs are built by Apex in UK (who are a part of Aqualung group)

You'll be happy with either one

XTX 50 has a rotating turrent so hose routing might be a little smoother.

From a technician's point of view, the Apeks achieves similar performance with a simpler design and fewer parts. Not an issue unless you plan to self-service at some point, in which case you will appreciate the Apeks more.

I own both and prefer the XTX50 hands down. I think it breathes better and is a little lighter for travel. I also feel the XTX stays in tune better.

Great!

I have he leg3nd elite, recent purchase so I have about 10 dives with it. But I love it. As a recreational diver it’s more than I’ll ever need. Especially living and mostly diving the warn waters of south Fl. I thought about the apeks but even my dive shop told me you won’t feel a difference. And the added benefits of the ACD on the first and second stage allows you to drop the whole assembly in your rinse tube and not have to worry.

I have he leg3nd elite, recent purchase so I have about 10 dives with it. But I love it. As a recreational diver it’s more than I’ll ever need. Especially living and mostly diving the warn waters of south Fl. I thought about the apeks but even my dive shop told me you won’t feel a difference. And the added benefits of the ACD on the first and second stage allows you to drop the whole assembly in your rinse tube and not have to worry.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom