Aqua Lung i3 Owners - Looking for Input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Green

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Good afternoon all,
I'm looking into a Dimension i3 and curious of experiences people have had with the i3.

Have you had any physical issues with the system?

Any issues with ergonomics / placement of the inflator/deflator switch?

Any other thoughts or concerns with any of the i3 family of BCDs?

Thank you in advance for any inputs you might have.

Chris

I have a dimension non i3. I can’t comment on the i3 but the dimension is a great bcd. The harness system and slots for octo and spg are particularly well thought out and work great

I have a Dimension i3. It fits me great with no feeling of restrictions anywhere. I am 6'3" 255 and use a HP steel 100 most of the time with it. I do like the i3. The only issue I have, and its me not the BC, is after using a standard style inflator/dump you sometimes grab for your inflator hose and its not there. I love mine and it is vert comfortable. Of course as with all back inflate BC's, you still get the face forward at the surface thing. If you are properly weighted in warm water with a thin suit, you do not get so much face forward. The only thing I ever had an issue with was the gray vinylish glue type stuff that is around the holes on the back and the word Aqualung. This gray stuff became a little sticky and I had to scrub it with cleaner but it is ok now. It did not effect function...

I have had my Dimension i3 for almost 7 years (350 dives) and have been very happy with it. I agree with Landau on it being well thought out for console computer/Spg and Octo storage.
On a few occasions I have had the inflator lever get pushed accidently while on a crowded deck, you just have to keep the lever clear of other gear. Other than that it has been trouble free and would buy again if mine needed to be replaced.

I have a dimension non i3. I can’t comment on the i3 but the dimension is a great bcd. The harness system and slots for octo and spg are particularly well thought out and work great
Thanks for the thoughts - I tried the Dimension a couple weeks ago and really liked the fit.

The i3 needs to be flushed after diving. Sand clogs the inflator and then they self inflate. With proper maintenance people enjoy the i3.

The XS Scuba BCD Clean-out is the best way to flush the i3.

XS Scuba BC Washout Hose

Back
Top Bottom