Aqua Lung back pack help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Hipp

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm having trouble figuring out the rigging on this back pack. It is the same one that the guy in this video is using YouTube - vintage dive at the Sea Tiger

I know I am missing the strap that goes between the legs, but something else feels missing. Does anyone else have this back pack, and if so could you post a picture of how it all connects in the front?

thanks

Here is the catalog view of this US Divers Bac-pac. If you don't get it from here, ask again and I can get some real time photos.
001.jpg

Ok, I see how the crotch strap feeds though. Looks like everything else is there, I just had it rigged up wrong.

Thanks again.

I thought the video was funny. A guy with a double hose and no BC with perfect buoyancy and trim and divers in the background with BC's struggling with buoyancy and trim, hand swimming and pedaling a bike.

I had one of those USD backpacks in the 1970s. I did not like the plastic strap, as it kept sliding off my shoulder.
DacorR-4inuse.jpg

Note that I'm wearing me weight belt outside the harness; do this by putting the weight belt on last. That way it can be ditched. I say that as the diver in You Tube video had the weight belt under the harness, Sea Hunt style. This is not a good safety practice, and was only done on Sea Hunt because they were constantly changing cylinders underwater during a shooting session (from what I've read). You also need to use the military harness quick release on the D-rings. You get this by threading the end back through the D-rings to form a loop, which can be released very quickly by pulling the end. This is discussed on this thread at the VSS website:

Vintage Scuba Diving Community Forum - Using the Military-style Harness

SeaRat

PS--I also enjoyed seeing the vintage diver in perfect balance, and the BC boys struggling.

Back
Top Bottom