April 19th Dive Show Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt. Pete

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I thought I would take a minute to update everyone on what the plan is for regarding the Lake Pleasant "Scuba Diving Adventure Day". The event is going to take place on Saturday April 19th from 8:00am to 3:00pm and it will be located just west of the 10 lane boat ramp. The normal $5.00 fee per car to enter the county park will apply however the show it self will be free. If you plan on diving the cost will be $10.00 per diver however you can stop by your favorite participating dive shop and get a $2.00 off coupon. I believe there should be a $10.00 off coupon given to each diver when they register, valid at all of the participating dive shops. Your best bet for air, if you plan on diving, is to stop by your favorite shop and rent a few cylinders the day before. The following events are scheduled as I write this, although they could change: 10:00 am to 10:30 am MCSO will demonstrate helicopter diver insertions, 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm treasure hunt, Unknown time frame- Steve Nichols underwater Photo Program, Janet Lofland will host a Kid's Project Aware program and Robert Reeves Ph.D will be a guest speaker. The following items are being donated by Inland Water Divers for the raffle and the treasure hunt(I am not sure what the other shops are donating): roller duffle dive bag, Basic Open Water Class, Advance Open Water Class, O2 Provider Class, mask defog, (2) 10 Air Fill cards and (2) 10 Tank Rental Cards. The total retail value of our donation is $964.95. The following items are being donated by the listed companies via one of our equipment reps: SeaLife Reefmaster Mini camera/ wide angle lens, Amphibious Outfitters various T-shirts and hats, Tilos mask and fin combo sets/ briefcases, OMS hats/ T-shirts/ headlamps. I will update this info when I get more. Bring a friend and join the fun, who knows what you might win!

Is anybody planning to camp out on Friday night?

One more update on the prize list. We just received a box from OS Systems and they have donated shirts, dry suit undergarments, hats and a nice dive coat for the event. Remember there is going to be a raffle drawing as well as the treasure hunt for the prizes. Additionally, we are going to have the new Data mask and the new Slingshot fins at the lake for demos. Hope to see all of you at the lake this Saturday!

I am really hoping to make it - some things have "come up" and may prevent me from attending. I won't know until late tommorow or friday if I'm going to be able to make it.

I know what you mean. I was wanting to attend, but for the first time in a year and a half I suddenly have to work a Saturday, in LA no less.

Is anybody planning to camp out on Friday night?

Steve:

I had planned to take my toyhauler trailer out there for the weekend. Unfortunately, to get a spot with electricty (gotta have A/C right? :D) I would need to be out either today or tommorow morning at the latest to get a site. With the way things are going at work that ain't happening. My son and I will be out there Saturday at the show for sure. What time are you going out?

Also, where exactly is the "show". Can you get to the site from the 10 lane boat ramp area or is it closer to Biesmeyer Point requiring some off road travel?

Michael

I think that the show will be near or at the spillway next to the 10 lane boat ramp. Capt'n Pete would know for sure. I'll be camping in the van so I can be pretty much anywhere. I'd like to get in a night dive if anybody is interested. Chris and Mindy will be camping out by DT so maybe I'll look them up.

See y'all at the show.

Steve:

I had planned to take my toyhauler trailer out there for the weekend. Unfortunately, to get a spot with electricty (gotta have A/C right? :D) I would need to be out either today or tommorow morning at the latest to get a site. With the way things are going at work that ain't happening. My son and I will be out there Saturday at the show for sure. What time are you going out?

Also, where exactly is the "show". Can you get to the site from the 10 lane boat ramp area or is it closer to Biesmeyer Point requiring some off road travel?

Michael

The show is going to be west of the 10 lane ramp. The area should already be closed off and you should be able to see the dive flags in the water where we are going to be diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom