April 1 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
lion.jpg

nudi.jpg

puffer.jpg

shrimp.jpg

I think you are getting the hang of this new camera. Wonderful shots.

More nice shots. Looks like the color contrast and sharpness are quite improved on the G10 compared to the old C4000. The pictures seem to "pop" quite a bit more, where the older ones the color could be a bit flat sometimes. I have that issue with my Oly, where I have to do a lot of tweaking to bring out the contrast without losing shadow detail. Are you finding the G10 easier to post-process?

Are you finding the G10 easier to post-process?

I am pretty much doing the same thing; brigthness, contrast and sharpness adjustment and of course some cropping. I am a cropping freak and the 14 mp versus the 4 mp on the Oly makes a big dif. I'm waiting for my strobe to see any differences between the on-board one and the external one. I can't get close with the on-board one because of the shadow from the lens tunnel on the housing. That shrimp shot was with manual or underwater white balance and no strobe and it doesn't do it any justice.

The 3" monitor on the G10 is like having a wide-screen TV underwater compared to the one on my Oly 4000.

Oh, that shrimp in the bubble coral is just lovely . . . what amazing detail.

Back
Top Bottom