Apple Watch Ultra Oceanic+ Updated Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parzdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings all. I was just diving in Cozumel and ran into a problem with the Oceanic+ app on my Apple Watch Ultra. My Apple Watch is my backup to my Shearwater, so my diving wasn't impacted. On the dive boat, I hit the "action" button to start the app in dive mode and.... the app started and immediately crashed. I tried loading the app directly, rather than from the button and the same thing happened. I switched it to the "depth" app and that worked, just so I had a secondary depth gauge.

After a bit of googling, I found some people with similar issue. I didn't find anything on the Oceanic web page, just a couple reddit posts. The fix was to update the iPhone to 18.x, and then update the watch to 11.x. It took hours to download the update over the hotel WiFi, but I was able to get the iPhone updated before going to sleep and let the watch update download overnight. Next morning tested the app and it worked as expected.

Before I go on a dive trip, I start my Shearwater to check battery level, I hook my regs to a tank to test, and I check my lights.. Next time around, I will start the Oceanic+ app to ensure it starts and goes into dive mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom