Question Apple Watch Ultra 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ProfSox

ProfSox

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

Any recommendations from AWU users for the AWU?
Looking to get a Dive Computer / smartwatch / health tracker for the surface.
I'm a PADI AOW vacation diver only. 1-2 trips a year, 2-3 weeks per trip, 2 dives per day.
Trips almost always at South East Asia, sometimes at the Caribbean.
I always go with a group and a Dive Master from a dive shop.
Really, I'm just looking for something that tells me depth, time, water temp while under.
Do you recommend it? With or without the Oceanic+ app?

I just bought one, haven’t dived it but overall it’s very nice, holds a charge for a long time as a watch, I’m at 56% after 35 hours .
The dive setting seems to do well but like I said I have not dived it but did some swimming and it was responsive to depth in the 8’ I took it too.

I have installed to oceanic app but haven’t used it.
I’m hoping for an air integration app one day but as a smart watch I’m a fan.

I have the original Ultra. Great watch overall, and the scuba features are a bonus. If you want the full dive computer features, it is a simple activation for a month, then deactivate. It keeps all of the information so there is no down side.

I have the original Ultra. Great watch overall, and the scuba features are a bonus. If you want the full dive computer features, it is a simple activation for a month, then deactivate. It keeps all of the information so there is no down side.
I believe there is also a daily option.

I believe there is also a daily option.
Yeah, there is a daily subscription.
The George Costanza in me is just acting up about the $10 monthly fee.
Even though I already am an iPhone user.
Is the underwater compass in the watch or in the Oceanic+ app?

Yeah, there is a daily subscription.
The George Costanza in me is just acting up about the $10 monthly fee.
Even though I already am an iPhone user.
Is the underwater compass in the watch or in the Oceanic+ app?

The compass is part of the "app experience" I guess. When you're in dive mode, you can use the crown to scroll through a few various pages and the compass is one of them. My instructor bonked me on the head during my night/nav specialty course because my compass wouldn't stay lit after I shined my light on it so I used my AWU for navigating!

If your Costanza is acting up, I think the AWU purchase plus $10/year is the smarter play than a $700 dive specific computer.

I use my AWU exclusively as I've already head it, the sub for the year was cheap for Black Friday, and it does what I need it to do.

I am still a new user of AWU2. Only 4 dives on it so far. Great smart watch on surface. I have been comparing the data to my Teric, which is my primary computer. So far it seems to be a perfectly useful computer and the app seems pretty good too. Once I get used to diving with it I plan to quit paying for the app and only turn it on when I go on multi day dive trips. $10 for 30 days seems fair enough. I only take one or two trips a year and my old backup computer was costing me $35+ every other year for a battery change.

Back
Top Bottom