App to download Subgear XP10 log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MattCRNA

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys,

I couldn't find any recent info regarding this. I have a SubGear XP10 and I have the ScubaPro/UWATEC IR778 USB infared adapter which I was told by ScubaPro would work on this DC. However, I've tried several apps such as DiveMate, SubSurface, SmartTrak and none of them will acknowledge my DC, even though they say it's supported. Looking for advice, other app suggestions, etc.

Thanks,
Matt

The problem is that IRDA is no longer supported by many operating systems (including Mac and Linux). But it should work on Windows (or a Windows virtual machine running on the other operating systems). Sorry, but it's really a OS issue not so much of the dive log software.

The problem is that IRDA is no longer supported by many operating systems (including Mac and Linux). But it should work on Windows (or a Windows virtual machine running on the other operating systems). Sorry, but it's really a OS issue not so much of the dive log software.

Ok thanks. I'm just getting back into diving and passing this on to my son as I have a new DC now. It used to work without issues so I was curious as to what the problem may be. I guess he'll just have to manually enter his dives then. Though the apps say they're Windows 10 compatible and there's an option to turn IrdA on, which it is....... I dunno

Not exactly as there are other ways to deal with this. If you have a Mac, DiveLogDT will download your IrDA based (UWatec/ScubaPro) dive computer if you have a compatible USB IrDA dongle. The "SubGear XP10" is a clone of the UWatec Aladin 2G and DiveLogDT will download it just fine. It will be called an "Aladin 2G" in the logbook, but you can change it after the fact to say "SubGear XP10".

DiveLogDT has builtin drivers and supports the Mostek IR778 chipset. Can't tell if the OP has a Mac or not though. Feel free to contact us with any further questions. Lot's of info on our website too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom